Terms & Conditions
1. All services booked through this site are carried out exclusively by means of vehicles with a valid commercial license and only.
2. The prices are quoted for 1 up to 17 persons. Should your party include more persons, kindly contact us for more information.
3. Prices do not include entrance fees, meals or beverages.
4. Tours take place throughout the week and at the time requested by the customer, as indicated on the reservation form.
5. Requested tour times are subject to operating hours of archaeological sites and/or museums included in the tour. Suggested starting times: Athens tours from cruise ships not later than 08:00 am, while for tours beyond Athens, originating from both cruise ships and hotels 08:30 am.
6. The sequence of tour highlights may be subject to change, due to circumstances beyond our control.
7. Your driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums with you, only licensed guides from the ministry of culture are allowed to do so. Should you require such an extra service, we can book a licensed guide for you or you can do so on site, on your own.
8. Indicated Tour Rates apply to pick up (and/or drop off) within Athens and Piraeus city limits, beyond which there might be a surcharge, depending on the distance of your location.
Delivery of services
All services are provided as car rental with the driver following the Greek low, the minimum lease period is defined three (3) hours regardless if the customer used the vehicle for less time. Our company reserves the right to deliver the services booked by the client in any way it chooses suitable, to ensure the best performance. For example, your tour/transfer/transportation service may be carried out either by our own company cars, hire car with driver, taxi or a sub-contractor depending on availability and other conditions.
We require a 20% deposit from our customers in order to secure their reservation. This deposit is paid via PayPal or “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank that uses TLS 1.1 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key. That means we never request or keep any credit card or other financial details of our customers. Balance is payable in cash euros prior to or upon the end of each service.
Please read our terms and conditions thoroughly for more. By making/accepting a reservation through our website, you state your express consent to all the terms and conditions.
Simple Cancellation & Refund policy!
1. There is NO cancellation fee, i.e. 100% of the paid amount (deposit or full amount) is refunded, as long as you cancel your reservation at least 48 hours prior to your service date.
2. Beyond the above 48 hours cancellation limit, there will be NO refund. Should you however fail to make your appointment, for reasons beyond your control, related to the operation of your airline or cruise ship, such as strikes, prevailing weather conditions, mechanical failures, etc., you will still be refunded 100% of the paid amount.
3. In any case, should the cancellation date eventually be more than 2 months away from the date you have made your reservation, it is possible that third party providers, such as credit card companies, PayPal, etc. might levy a charge between 2 – 4%.
4. AthensTours.gr reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time, when reasons beyond the control of the supplier, such as strikes, prevailing weather conditions, mechanical failures, etc. occur. In such a case you shall be immediately notified via the email address you used when making your reservation and your payment shall be refunded at 100%.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I know that my reservation is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail, which will contain the details of your reservation after it is confirmed.
2. I have reserved my transportation. Is there anything else I should do?
No, Absolutely nothing. You have received the conformation e-mail that was sent to you, which contains the route, your name and all the details regarding your reservation. Simply keep the printout of the email with you as it may be requested by the driver.
3. Will the driver I hired be waiting for me? How will he recognize me?
At your arrival point (airport arrivals, ship exit, train station etc.) there will be a driver waiting for you with a sign and your name clearly written. Also, the driver will always have your mobile phone number so that he can contact you should any irregular circumstances arise. This is the reason why we ask for some personal information during the reservation.
4. What if my plane, train or ship is delayed?
There is no reason to worry. No matter the delay, the driver will wait with NO additional charge. As long as you have correctly informed us with your travel details, we receive on-line information from airports, ports and train stations, specifically for this reason.
5. I want to select a destination that is not listed on your website. Is this possible?
Certainly. Simply send us an e-mail containing the destination you are interested in and we will contact you as soon as possible with information regarding the cost and details.
6. There are five of us. Can we use one car?
Unfortunately, all Greek legal cars can transport up to 4 people. If there are 5 passengers or more, you will need a second car. We can also provide you with a minivan, minibus or larger capacity vehicle upon your request. In such case you should state so in your reservation.
7. Can I make a reservation where I lease a car for as many days as I need continuously?
Certainly. You can lease one of our cars with a driver for as many days as you wish. Simply send us an e-mail containing the details of the reservation you are interested in.
8. I would also like to book my return. Is it possible?
Yes, there is no problem as far as you inform us with a new reservation or text message at least 24 hours prior.
9. I need a car in a few hours, can I make a reservation?
Yes, but instead of e-mail you must send us a text message or make a direct call. For e-mail confirmation we might need up to 8-12 hours depending on your country (time difference).
10. What is the difference between a licensed guide and a driver guide?
All our drivers are licensed drivers. Licensed drivers however, cannot enter with you inside archaeological sites or museums. Only licensed tour guides, who are accredited with the Ministry of Culture, can provide a fully-guided sightseeing experience inside archaeological sites and museums. This is an extra service. If you want a licensed tour guide for a certain museum or archaeological site in Greece, we can arrange one for you or you can visit: http://www.tourist-guides.gr/ and make your own arrangements.
1. Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your walk to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally.
2. Mercedes E-Class taxi (1-4 persons) max luggage: 4 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces.
3. Drivers will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time, kindly be on time, otherwise you will be considered a “No-Show” and charged accordingly.
4. AthensTours.GR is not responsible for items left behind.
5. This service is unable to meet you inside the pier. Your meeting instructions will direct you to your pickup point. This may require a short walk at dock A or a (free) shuttle ride at dock B.
Notes – Remarks – Tips
- Rates include all local taxes, VAT, tolls and baggage charges.
- Not included: Entrance fees, drinks, meals, accommodation and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person
- Driver will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time
- Tours are private, personal and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and half day tour duration with licensed guide is 5 hours
We require a 20% deposit from our customers in order to secure their reservation. This deposit is paid via PayPal or “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank that uses TLS 1.1 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient , who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key. That means we never request or keep any credit card or other financial details of our customers.
Should you not show up for your service appointment and/or cancel at the last minute, we reserve the right to withhold your deposit as a No-Show fee. In cases where this might occur for reasons out of the client’s control, such as last minute flight cancellations or a cruise vessel not docking at port, you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit.
www.AthensTours.gr represents a legally purchased and maintained domain name, selected for the purpose of describing the services offered herein and their locality. In no case should this domain name be misconstrued as being the registered name of a company or agency, Greek or international.
All services offered herein are provided by established companies and enterprises registered in Greece, operating in full compliance with local and European governing legislation. Said services, as well as all texts and information contained herein, remain property of their rightful owner(s) and provider(s), namely Vassilios Day Tours, GPS Travel Services and all their affiliate/agent companies.