Terms & Conditions
1. All services booked through this site are carried out exclusively by means of vehicles with a valid commercial license and only.
2. The prices are quoted for 1 up to 17 persons. Should your party include more persons, kindly contact us for more information.
3. Prices do not include entrance fees, meals or beverages.
4. Tours take place throughout the week and at the time requested by the customer, as indicated on the reservation form.
5. Requested tour times are subject to operating hours of archaeological sites and/or museums included in the tour. Suggested starting times: Athens tours from cruise ships not later than 08:00 am, while for tours beyond Athens, originating from both cruise ships and hotels 08:30 am.
6. The sequence of tour highlights may be subject to change, due to circumstances beyond our control.
7. Your driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums with you, only licensed guides from the ministry of culture are allowed to do so. Should you require such an extra service, we can book a licensed guide for you or you can do so on site, on your own.
8. Indicated Tour Rates apply to pick up (and/or drop off) within Athens and Piraeus city limits, beyond which there might be a surcharge, depending on the distance of your location.
Delivery of services
All services are provided as car rental with the driver following the Greek low, the minimum lease period is defined three (3) hours regardless if the customer used the vehicle for less time. Our company reserves the right to deliver the services booked by the client in any way it chooses suitable, to ensure the best performance. For example, your tour/transfer/transportation service may be carried out either by our own company cars, hire car with driver, taxi or a sub-contractor depending on availability and other conditions.
We require a 20% deposit from our customers in order to secure their reservation. This deposit is paid via PayPal or “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank that uses TLS 1.1 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key. That means we never request or keep any credit card or other financial details of our customers. Balance is payable in cash euros prior to or upon the end of each service.
Please read our terms and conditions thoroughly for more. By making/accepting a reservation through our website, you state your express consent to all the terms and conditions.
Simple Cancellation & Refund policy!
1. There is NO cancellation fee, i.e. 100% of the paid amount (deposit or full amount) is refunded, as long as you cancel your reservation at least 48 hours prior to your service date.
2. Beyond the above 48 hours cancellation limit, there will be NO refund. Should you however fail to make your appointment, for reasons beyond your control, related to the operation of your airline or cruise ship, such as strikes, prevailing weather conditions, mechanical failures, etc., you will still be refunded 100% of the paid amount.
3. In any case, should the cancellation date eventually be more than 2 months away from the date you have made your reservation, it is possible that third party providers, such as credit card companies, PayPal, etc. might levy a charge between 2 – 4%.
4. AthensTours.gr reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time, when reasons beyond the control of the supplier, such as strikes, prevailing weather conditions, mechanical failures, etc. occur. In such a case you shall be immediately notified via the email address you used when making your reservation and your payment shall be refunded at 100%.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will I know that my reservation is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation e-mail, which will contain the details of your reservation after it is confirmed.
2. I have reserved my transportation. Is there anything else I should do?
No, Absolutely nothing. You have received the conformation e-mail that was sent to you, which contains the route, your name and all the details regarding your reservation. Simply keep the printout of the email with you as it may be requested by the driver.
3. Will the driver I hired be waiting for me? How will he recognize me?
At your arrival point (airport arrivals, ship exit, train station etc.) there will be a driver waiting for you with a sign and your name clearly written. Also, the driver will always have your mobile phone number so that he can contact you should any irregular circumstances arise. This is the reason why we ask for some personal information during the reservation.
4. What if my plane, train or ship is delayed?
There is no reason to worry. No matter the delay, the driver will wait with NO additional charge. As long as you have correctly informed us with your travel details, we receive on-line information from airports, ports and train stations, specifically for this reason.
5. I want to select a destination that is not listed on your website. Is this possible?
Certainly. Simply send us an e-mail containing the destination you are interested in and we will contact you as soon as possible with information regarding the cost and details.
6. There are five of us. Can we use one car?
Unfortunately, all Greek legal cars can transport up to 4 people. If there are 5 passengers or more, you will need a second car. We can also provide you with a minivan, minibus or larger capacity vehicle upon your request. In such case you should state so in your reservation.
7. Can I make a reservation where I lease a car for as many days as I need continuously?
Certainly. You can lease one of our cars with a driver for as many days as you wish. Simply send us an e-mail containing the details of the reservation you are interested in.
8. I would also like to book my return. Is it possible?
Yes, there is no problem as far as you inform us with a new reservation or text message at least 24 hours prior.
9. I need a car in a few hours, can I make a reservation?
Yes, but instead of e-mail you must send us a text message or make a direct call. For e-mail confirmation we might need up to 8-12 hours depending on your country (time difference).
10. What is the difference between a licensed guide and a driver guide?
All our drivers are licensed drivers. Licensed drivers however, cannot enter with you inside archaeological sites or museums. Only licensed tour guides, who are accredited with the Ministry of Culture, can provide a fully-guided sightseeing experience inside archaeological sites and museums. This is an extra service. If you want a licensed tour guide for a certain museum or archaeological site in Greece, we can arrange one for you or you can visit: http://www.tourist-guides.gr/ and make your own arrangements.
1. Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your walk to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally.
2. Mercedes E-Class taxi (1-4 persons) max luggage: 4 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces.
3. Drivers will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time, kindly be on time, otherwise you will be considered a “No-Show” and charged accordingly.
4. AthensTours.GR is not responsible for items left behind.
5. This service is unable to meet you inside the pier. Your meeting instructions will direct you to your pickup point. This may require a short walk at dock A or a (free) shuttle ride at dock B.
Notes – Remarks – Tips
- Rates include all local taxes, VAT, tolls and baggage charges.
- Not included: Entrance fees, drinks, meals, accommodation and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person
- Driver will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time
- Tours are private, personal and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and half day tour duration with licensed guide is 5 hours
We require a 20% deposit from our customers in order to secure their reservation. This deposit is paid via PayPal or “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank that uses TLS 1.1 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient , who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key. That means we never request or keep any credit card or other financial details of our customers.
Should you not show up for your service appointment and/or cancel at the last minute, we reserve the right to withhold your deposit as a No-Show fee. In cases where this might occur for reasons out of the client’s control, such as last minute flight cancellations or a cruise vessel not docking at port, you are entitled to a full refund of your deposit.
www.AthensTours.gr represents a legally purchased and maintained domain name, selected for the purpose of describing the services offered herein and their locality. In no case should this domain name be misconstrued as being the registered name of a company or agency, Greek or international.
All services offered herein are provided by established companies and enterprises registered in Greece, operating in full compliance with local and European governing legislation. Said services, as well as all texts and information contained herein, remain property of their rightful owner(s) and provider(s), namely Vassilios Day Tours, GPS Travel Services and all their affiliate/agent companies.
Who we are
Our website address is https://www.athenstours.gr
Last updated October 1st, 2018 in accordance with the new European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Our website is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under law 2472/1997, and the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Information we collect
We collect the following data about users: Information that you voluntarily submit us or give us in any other way. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address (partial or whole), email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide personal data when purchasing one of our supplier’s products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or facilitate your booking. In some instances, we may also ask for travel documentation, such as passports, demographic data, including your country of residence, gender, age, travel habits, etc.
Information about others
You may have the opportunity to provide contact and travel-related information for other people through our website. If you “Refer a Friend” or if you purchase products or services for someone else through our website, you will need to submit that individual’s personal data. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal data.
Passive data collection
Like most on-online services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser when you use our website. We may use methods such as “cookies”, to collect this information. We use session and persistent cookies. There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 6 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your computer. The information that we may collect with these automated methods may include, for example, cookie information, a unique or user ID, browser type, system type, the content and pages that you access on our website, the frequency, and duration of your visits, and the referring URL (the page from which you navigated to our website).
Information we collect through our services, Information we collect from third-party sources.
How do we use your personal data?
This information will usually be provided in person during a meeting, online, by writing to us or by telephone.
We use the data we collect from you in the following ways:
To establish and enhance our relationship with you
To provide our services and process, confirm and fulfill your travel according to your needs
To prevent the abusive and fraudulent use of our website
Where permitted by applicable law, to send you information, including via email, about our products and services in which we believe you may be interested.
To respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes
For administrative and analytical purposes such as information systems management, accounting, billing and audits.
We may also use personal data to provide you other services, such as sending you an email notification regarding the status of your travel plans or informing you about special promotions, flight specials, trip information, or other travel opportunities from our website.
Disclosure of collected data
We do not sell or rent email addresses and other personal information that we collect directly through our website. Please be aware , however, that any information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of our website, or on any service, becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by us or others without restriction. We share your information, including personal information, as follows:
For arranging your trip
When you make travel arrangements with us and you provide information about yourself, we use this information to complete your order, fulfill any customer service requests, and provide promotional or trip related information via email. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your order and fulfill your travel arrangements. Such other parties may include but are not limited to, travel suppliers, credit card merchant services, and hotels.
Although attempts to select travel suppliers that are reputable companies, we have not placed limitations on these suppliers from using or disclosing your information without your permission. Therefore, we encourage you to review the information privacy practices of any travel suppliers, whose products you purchase through our website. In addition, these travel suppliers may also contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about your confirmed reservation.
We may disclose personal information if we have a good –faith belief that doing so is required by a judicial or administrative order or otherwise required by law. Additionally, we may disclose personal information where we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent violation of our agreements; take precautions against liability; protect the rights, property, or safety of our website, any individual, or the general public; maintain and protect the security and integrity of our services or infrastructure; protect ourselves and our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; or investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations.
Communication and Marketing
If you agree to receive communications from us, where permitted by applicable law, information regarding our offers, products and services, including, without limitation, through social media updates, by email and postal mail. If you no longer want to receive commercial email messages, you may indicate your preferences regarding commercial email messages; you may indicate your preferences regarding commercial email messages and postal mail messages by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section or through email, as indicated on section 6.
You may, as a visitor tour website, choose not to provide us with personal information. You may also, at any time, access your personal information to update, correct, or delete certain personal information about you by contacting us at our email or through the form in “Contact Us” section. You also have the right to obtain from our website the erasure of personal data about you in the same way.
You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
Please be aware, that even if you update or remove personal information that you have provided to us, your personal information may be retained in our back up files and archives for a reasonable period for legal purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect your personal data?
The security of your information is important to us, including, but not limited to, the personal information collected via our website and services. We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal information under our control, both during transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but it not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our networks and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information.
If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Website. If a security systems breach occurs, we may post a notice on our homepage or elsewhere, and may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
Our Website is not directed toward individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that such individuals do not provide personally identifying information through our website. We may receive information about them through their parents or legal guardians.
Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 16 send personal data to us, we will delete or destroy such data as soon as reasonably possible.
Our website may include links to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.