Corinth Tour Greece
Ancient Corinth Half Day Tour
Starting from Athens, we will drive westwards, along with the beautiful scenic coastal until we finally reach the Corinth Canal, which is 6 kilometers long. The Corinth Canal connects the Aegean Sea with the Ionian Sea, and also separates the Peloponnese from the rest of Greece’s mainland. We will make a short stop at the Corinth Canal and then in about 15-20 minutes, we will drive through the beautiful local villages to reach the Ancient Corinth. This is the place where Saint Paul preached and lived for about two years. During the ancient times, the town of Corinth was considered as one of the richest cities in Greece, due to the remains of the Temple of Apollo, during the 6th century BC and the Ancient Agora.
Afterwards, we will drive up to the edge of the Acropolis of Corinth (Acrocorinth), where a spectacular panoramic view of the entire area will amaze you. According to a local Corinthian myth, Briareus, one of the three Hecatonchires, was the arbitrator between Poseidon’s (God of the sea) and Helios’s (God of the sun) dispute, when he decided that the Corinth Canal (Isthmus) belonged to Poseidon and the Acropolis of Corinth (Acrocorinth) to Helios.
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides (optional) and/or gratuities.
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Archaeological sites are closed
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday: closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
Ancient Corinth Tours
We will drive you first to explore Corinth Canal and the picturesque village of Ancient Corinth and then we will visit the archaeological sites and the beautiful museum. Afterwards we will drive you on top of the hill to the citadel of the Acrocorinth with spectacular panoramic view of the entire Corinth area.
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient Corinth
- Temple of Apollo
Good to Know
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)